Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The concert tour of all concert tours

I'm glad I got to share this news before Staff Writer Nick Carrabine (and frequent music blogger) got to it.

Are you ready for THE concert tour of all concert tours??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!???!?!!?!?


I'm talking, of course, about the news that Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block are working to team up for a concert tour in 2011!!!!!

The 13-year-old me just fainted.

Next year is going to be quite a big year for 20something ladies, what with the release of Sweet Valley Confidential and now this tour. If Jonathon Taylor Thomas and Matthew Lawrence get together for a movie in 2011, we would have quite the trifecta of young girls' dreams come true (if only 10-15 years late).

(Should I be embarrassed to admit that I giggled at the idea of the above paragraph? And embarrassed to add that on Twitter tonight I said I wanted to see "Melissa & Joey"? I mean, come on, it's just like a 2010 version of "Who's the Boss?", right?)

The E! Online article linked above notes planners are looking for a third band and Boyz II Men is at the top of the list. I suppose if they want the tour to have three boy bands then that's the one to get, but I think the tour would kind of be perfect with just the two. At least, those are the two that I would most want to see in concert together.

Next major question: Who is the headliner in this act? My co-worker Danielle Capriato immediately says NKOTB. I can't decide which boy band would better end the show. It's even tough to say which one is considered bigger -- at the height of their popularity, at the present, or overall. Regardless, I have a feeling the concert will be amazing. It can't not be when you put together such powerhouse entertainers. I have a feeling the concert will be a lot like this June show at Radio City Music Hall, and I really hope I get to go:



Photos by The Associated Press

-- Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home