Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Stop-motion videos

A few years ago my brother-in-law long ago sent me "Tony vs. Paul," a stop-motion video of two men who are arguing and chasing each other around town:


I am super impressed at people who are creative and talented enough to showcase their skills at making stop-motion videos -- and thankful that they want to share them on YouTube.

I recently came across this video that utilized thousands of photos to tell the story of a man's life:


The suggestions on the YouTube page pointed me to what now may be my favorite stop-motion video, of solving a Rubick's Cube to the sounds of The Postal Service:


Other stop-motion videographers have put their ideas to popular music:


... or do their own interpretation of older music:


an explanation of how he did that and a more complicated piece:



I could sit here and watch this stuff for hours, but unfortunately I don't get paid to do that. Anyone have suggestions for what I should watch next?


-- Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home