Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

R.I.P. Lou Brown

The greatest Indians manager in history (we can dream can't we?) Lou Brown passed away on Friday.

Not really. Actor James Gammon, who portrayed the "Major League" Tribe skipper Lou Brown in the hit comedy, was 70. The Los Angeles Times first reported his death.

Gammon was a character actor in several movies and TV shows, but was best known for his role in "Major League" and his classic lines. Here are a few:

"We're contenders now."

"Yesterday, we won a ballgame. We win today, it's two in a row. We win tomorrow, it's a winning streak. It has happened before."

"Let me get back to you, will ya, Charlie? I got a guy on the other line asking about some white walls."

"Forget about the curve ball Ricky, give him the heater."

"Shut up, Dorn."

"You may run like Hayes. but you hit like s***."

"My kinda team, Charlie, my kinda team."

"I'd just like to point out that every newspaper in the country has picked us to finish last."

"OK Vaughn. They say you're a pitcher, you're sure not much of a dresser. We wear caps and sleeves on this level, son."

"I'm deeply moved, every time you play one off your hips, you owe me 40 sit ups."

"Two hands, Hayes!"

- Mark Podolski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home