'Skyfall' dominates weekend box office
From The Associated Press:
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com. Where available, latest international numbers are also included. Final domestic figures will be released Monday.
1. "Skyfall," $87.8 million. (Review by The News-Herald's Mark Meszoros: New Bond film 'Skyfall' almost lives up to all that buzz)
2. "Wreck-It Ralph," $33.1 million. (Review by The AP's Justin Lowe: Animated 'Wreck-It Ralph' has fun celebrating video games old and new)
3. "Flight," $15.1 million. (Review by Meszoros: 'Flight' directed right into the ground by Robert Zemeckis)
4. "Argo," $6.7 million. (Review by Meszoros: With stellar espionage drama 'Argo,' Ben Affleck does it again as director)
5. "Taken 2," $4 million. (Review by Meszoros: Liam Neeson helps make 'Taken 2' another guilty pleasure)
6. "Here Comes the Boom," $2.6 million
7. "Cloud Atlas," $2.53 million. (Review by Meszoros: 'Cloud Atlas' ambitious, mostly satisfying epic with strong work from Tom Hanks, Halle Berry)
8. "Pitch Perfect," $2.5 million. (Review by The AP's Christy Lemire: Anna Kendrick helps make 'Pitch Perfect' infectiously catchy)
9. "The Man with the Iron Fists," $2.49 million.
10. "Hotel Transylvania," $2.4 million. (Review by The AP's Michael Rechtshaffen: 'Hotel Transylvania' is frighteningly unfunny stuff)
-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl