'Paranormal Activity 4' shows some life at weekend box office
From the Associated Press
Estimated ticket sales are for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com. Where available, latest international numbers are also included. Final domestic figures will be released Monday.
- “Paranormal Activity 4,” $30.2 million ($26.5 million international). (Review by the Associated Press' Justin Lowe: Movie review: 'Paranormal Activity 4' doesn't scare up fresh haunts)
- “Argo,” $16.6 million ($1.2 million international). (Review by Meszoros: With stellar espionage drama 'Argo,' Ben Affleck does it again as director)
- “Hotel Transylvania,” $13.5 million ($14.5 million international). (Review by The AP's Michael Rechtshaffen: 'Hotel Transylvania' is frighteningly unfunny stuff)
- “Taken 2,” $13.4 million ($23.6 million international). (Review by The News-Herald's Mark Meszoros: Liam Neeson helps make 'Taken 2' another guilty pleasure)
- “Alex Cross,” $11.8 million. (Review by The AP's David Germaine: Movie review: 'Alex Cross' a bust as Madea haunts Tyler Perry)
- “Sinister,” $9 million ($2.3 million international).
- “Here Comes the Boom,” $8.5 million.
- “Pitch Perfect,” $7 million ($320,000 international). (Review by The AP's Christy Lemire: Anna Kendrick helps make 'Pitch Perfect' infectiously catchy)
- “Frankenweenie,” $4.4 million ($4.1 million international). (Review by San Jose Mercury News' Randy Myers: 'Frankenweenie' resurrects the old Tim Burton)
- “Looper,” $4.2 million ($5.6 million international). (Review by Lemire: 'Looper' intriguing sci-fi adventure with Bruce Willis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt)
— Nicole Franz | NiFranz@News-Herald.com | @FranzOrFoe