The box office has been 'Taken' again
From The Associated Press:
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com. Where available, latest international numbers are also included. Final domestic figures will be released Monday.
1. “Taken 2,” $50 million ($55 million international). (Review by The News-Herald's Mark Meszoros: Liam Neeson helps make 'Taken 2' another guilty pleasure)
2. “Hotel Transylvania,” $26.3 million ($13.1 million international). (Review by The AP's Michael Rechtshaffen: 'Hotel Transylvania' is frighteningly unfunny stuff)
3. “Pitch Perfect,” $14.7 million ($480,000 international). (Review by Lemire: Anna Kendrick helps make 'Pitch Perfect' infectiously catchy)
4. “Looper,” $12.2 million ($7.5 million international). (Review by The AP's Christy Lemire: 'Looper' intriguing sci-fi adventure with Bruce Willis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt)
5. “Frankenweenie,” $11.5 million. (Review by San Jose Mercury News' Randy Myers: 'Frankenweenie' resurrects the old Tim Burton)
6. “End of Watch,” $4 million. (Review by Lemire: 'End of Watch breathes new life into buddy-cops genre)
7. “Trouble with the Curve,” $3.9 million. (Review by The News-Herald's Mark Meszoros: Eastwood, Adams throw straight, but 'Trouble with the Curve' bungles the baseball)
8. “House at the End of the Street,” $3.7 million.
9. “The Master,” $1.8 million. (Review by Meszoros: Hoffman, Phoenix give masterful performances in compelling, challenging 'The Master')
10. “Finding Nemo,” $1.6 million ($600,000 international). (Review by Meszoros: Pixar classic 'Finding Nemo 3D' jumps to slightly new depths)
— Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl