'Wreck-It Ralph' tops weekend box office
From The Associated Press:
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com. Where available, latest international numbers are also included. Final domestic figures will be released Monday.
1. "Wreck-It Ralph," $49.1 million. (Review by The AP's Justin Lowe: Animated 'Wreck-It Ralph' has fun celebrating video games old and new)
2. "Flight," $25 million. (Review by The News-Herald's Mark Meszoros: 'Flight' directed right into the ground by Robert Zemeckis)
3. "Argo," $10.2 million. (Review by Meszoros: With stellar espionage drama 'Argo,' Ben Affleck does it again as director)
4. "The Man With the Iron Fists," $10.2 million.
5. "Taken 2," $6 million. (Review by Meszoros: Liam Neeson helps make 'Taken 2' another guilty pleasure)
6. "Cloud Atlas," $5.3 million. (Review by Meszoros: 'Cloud Atlas' ambitious, mostly satisfying epic with strong work from Tom Hanks, Halle Berry)
7. "Hotel Transylvania," $4.5 million. (Review by The AP's Michael Rechtshaffen: 'Hotel Transylvania' is frighteningly unfunny stuff)
8. "Paranormal Activity 4," $4.3 million. (Review by Lowe: Movie review: 'Paranormal Activity 4' doesn't scare up fresh haunts)
9. "Here Comes the Boom," $3.6 million.
10. "Silent Hill: Revelation," $3.3 million.
-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl