Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Napoleon Dynamite -- the television series

This is a terrible idea. I'm having trouble finding the words to explain how much I think this idea is a miserable failure.

"Napoleon Dynamite" the animated television series premieres at 8:30 p.m. Jan. 15. It's based on the 2004 film "Napoleon Dynamite," and for some reason, the execs over at Fox thought that nearly EIGHT YEARS LATER it could be turned into a cartoon. (And for some reason, the original actors are back and all lending their voices [because they have nothing better to do?])

I love me some Napoleon Dynamite. I still quote it. I saw it in the theater a few times. I own it on DVD. I have a button that says Vote for Pedro. I'm training to be a cage fighter, and I've been chatting online with babes all day. But I will not watch this show.

The Wikipedia page for the show lists six episodes. I hope it doesn't make it past one.

Please, Fox, don't ruin this cult favorite.


-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Brandon Baker said...

Wow, I was actually thinking about tuning in. Haha.

January 10, 2012 at 1:57 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home