Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Finally, 'Jaws' on the big screen

To me, there's nothing like a great movie on the big screen.

To me, there isn't a movie better than "Jaws," the movie that started the summer blockbuster genre.

I've watched the movies countless times, but I've never seen it on the big screen. Until now, or least next week. The countdown has started and I can't wait.

On Thursday, Aug. 18, Playhouse Square is showing "Jaws" as part of its Cinema at the Square series. My wife and I will be there. It should be a moviegoing experience unlike any other. The 1975 film starring Richard Dreyfuss, Robert Shaw and Roy Scheider is one of a kind, and the ultimate summer flick.

If you've never seen "Jaws,"  and are heading the Aug. 18 showing, I am jealous. I wish I could see the film that made Steven Spielberg a star for the first time all over again. Let the countdown begin, but remember:

Don't go in the water.

- Mark Podolski

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home