Ten in the morning: Favorite superhero movies
Without question, Captain America deserves to be on my top 10 list. Here we go:
10. "Kick-Ass" (2010): This underrated superhero film was ... well, you know.
9. "V for Vendetta (2006): "Remember, remember the fifth of November."
8. "The Incredibles" (2004): Pixar film a continuous joyride. Particularly enjoy Samuel L. Jackson's Frozone.
7. "Superman: The Movie (1978): The late Christopher Reeve seemed born to play the man of steel.
6. "Spider-Man" (2002): It will be difficult for Andrew Garfield (The Social Network) to outdo Tobey Maguire. We will find out next summer in "The Amazing Spider-Man."
5. "Superman II" (Richard Donner cut, 2006): If you haven't seen this version of the sequel to the first Superman, check it out. Better than Richard Lester's.
4. "Captain America: The First Avenger" (2011): Two hours of patriotic fun, and an excellent period piece. It's difficult not to root for Steve Rogers.
3. "Spider-Man 2" (2004): Alfred Molina as Dr. Octopus is excellent and the subway scene between Spider-Man and Doc Ock is ground-breaking special affects.
2. "Batman Begins" (2005): A reboot never felt better than director Christopher Nolan's classic.
1. "The Dark Knight" (2008): The Joker (Heath Ledger) and Batman (Christian Bale) matching wits is the gold standard for superhero flicks. It won't be topped. Ever.
- Mark Podolski