Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Boo Netflix

I am not happy, and I'm sure many of you Netflix subscribers feel the same way.

If you haven't heard the news, Netflix is raising its prices, by quite a bit.


Is it really worth it for me to nearly double what I'm paying to get the same service as now? Probably not.

"Netflix’s willingness to risk alienating subscribers signals that it needs to bring in more money to cover its rising costs," The Associated Press writes.

The price spike set off a mostly angry discussion on Twitter: Dear Netflix was trending late Tuesday night. Several of the tweets I saw were people complaining that more of the catalog isn't available for streaming. (Of course, the company has to pay for the rights to stream content and couldn't afford to go streaming-only without cutting its catalog.) One tweet mentioned using Redbox instead, which I suppose would be fine if you are looking to watch more new releases.

I use Netflix to watch a lot of older movies and TV shows that I missed in their original run, and I really hate that canceling the mail part of my plan would mean giving that up. But that's what the library is for, right?

What are you going to be doing with your Netflix account?


-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home