Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

AT&T predicted the future

I was recently shown these videos of AT&T commercials from 1993. It was a "you GOTTA see this!" sort of moment. "AT&T predicted the future!"

I was skeptical. But when I saw the commercials, I was flabbergasted. It's baffling to think that these originally aired in 1993. Everything from GPS units to Skype was depicted with startling accuracy when considering current common technology. But don't let me spoil this for you; check the commercials out for yourself:




After thinking about these ads, I realized that the military had probably been using a lot of this technology before it was available for the general public. It's still uncanny that these commercials were able to depict what would be daily life for many of us about 18 years later.

--Danielle Capriato | DCapriato@News-Herald.com

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home