'Identity Thief' wins weekend box office
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com. Where available, latest international numbers are also included. Final domestic figures will be released Monday.
1. "Identity Thief," $36.6 million ($230,000 international). (Review by The Washington Post's Ann Hornaday: 'Identity Thief' squanders comic pairing of McCarthy, Bateman)
2. "Warm Bodies," $11.5 million. (Review by The AP's Sheri Linden: Zombie love story 'Warm Bodies' could use more heat)
3. "Side Effects," $10 million. (Review by The AP's Christy Lemire: Twisty thriller 'Side Effects' recalls Soderbergh's 'sex, lies and videotape')
4. "Silver Linings Playbook," $6.9 million. (Review by Lemire: Charming 'Silver Linings Playbook' has great performances from Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence)
5. "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters," $5.8 million ($11.6 million international).
6. "Mama," $4.3 million ($6.1 million international). (Review by The News-Herald's Mark Meszoros: Luke-warm 'Mama' gets good performances from Chastain and others, ultimately shows us too much)
7. "Zero Dark Thirty," $4 million. (Review by Meszoros: Bin Laden hunted in 'Zero Dark Thirty,' one of year's best films)
8. "Argo," $2.5 million. (Review by Meszoros: With stellar espionage drama 'Argo,' Ben Affleck does it again as director)
9. "Django Unchained," $2.3 million. (Review by Meszoros: With fun, vulgar and violent 'Django Unchained,' Waltz, Tarantino again a terrific tandem)
10. "Bullet to the Head," $2 million. (Review by The AP's Jordan Mintzer: Stallone-powered 'Bullet to the Head' a loud and proud B-movie)