'Identity Thief' back on top of weekend box office
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com. Where available, latest international numbers are included. Final domestic figures will be released Monday.
1. "Identity Thief," $14 million, ($170,000 international). (Review by The Washington Post's Ann Hornaday: 'Identity Thief' squanders comic pairing of McCarthy, Bateman)
2. "Snitch," $13 million. (Review by The AP's Todd McCarthy: 'Snitch' a well-made yarn about drug world)
3. "Escape From Planet Earth," $11 million.
4. "Safe Haven," $10.6 million, ($1.4 million international). (Review by The AP's Stephen Farber: 'Safe Haven' is routine romantic thriller)
5. "A Good Day to Die Hard," $10 million, ($35.7 million international). (Review by The News-Herald's Mark Meszoros: Willis, Courtney team for ‘A Good Day to Die Hard,’ but it lands softly)
6. "Dark Skies," $8.9 million.
7. "Silver Linings Playbook," $6.1 million, ($5 million international). (Review by The AP's Christy Lemire: Charming 'Silver Linings Playbook' has great performances from Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence)
8. "Warm Bodies," $4.8 million, ($2.5 million international). (Review by The AP's Sheri Linden: Zombie love story 'Warm Bodies' could use more heat)
9. "Side Effects," $3.6 million. (Review by Lemire: Twisty thriller 'Side Effects' recalls Soderbergh's 'sex, lies and videotape')
10. "Beautiful Creatures," $3.4 million, ($4 million international). (Review by Lemire: ‘Beautiful Creatures’ aims to be new ‘Twilight’ by mixing romance with so-so supernatural stuff)
-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl