Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Monday, September 19, 2011

How to win your awards show office pool

For the second year in a row, I was the office pool champion for the Emmys. Some of my co-workers claim I cheated. 

Don’t listen to them. Instead, listen to me, because I have the key to winning awards show office pools.

When the pool sheets are passed out, the first thing I do is search the Internet for awards that have already been announced. Getting all of those correct gives me a nice cushion while everyone else is guessing if “iCarly” was better than “Sesame Street” in children’s programming.

Then, I look for blogs that handicap the other categories in hopes getting an idea of who will win. This is important because I watch few television series. I’ve barely heard of the actors and shows, let alone know enough to analyze who will get the statues.

This year, I had 16 correct picks. The runner-up had six. My co-workers call it cheating. I call it research.
If there was a prize involved, I’d be laughing all the way to the bank.

-         -  Howard Primer

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home