Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bravo's new shows: Million Dollar Decorators and Platinum Hit

I'm interested in obsessed with Bravo and will watch anything the cable network produces. This summer the network debuted two new shows: "Million Dollar Decorators" and "Platinum Hit."

I thought for sure I would love "Million Dollar Decorators" because of my previous love affair with "Trading Spaces" (confession: Ten years ago my goal in life was to be Paige Davis). But "Million Dollar Decorators" is not exactly the redecorating show you would find on HGTV. In January, I blogged that another Bravo show, "Million Dollar Listing," is an HGTV show plus drama, so I should have expected "Million Dollar Decorators" to be the same. I'm much less interested in these decorators and their personal lives than I am in the gorgeous homes they put together. Sure, I'll keep watching it, but it's one that I'll watch while catching up on my Google Reader.

"Platinum Hit," on the other hand, had pulled me in after one episode. It's not a singing competition, or based on musical ability, but instead at how good these contestants are at writing songs. And after watching this last week, I now understand just how difficult song-writing can be. Most of the characters on the show are divas - of course, because the entertainment industry is full of them. But some of them are really good musicians - like Nick Nittoli, who basically opened the first episode saying he was the next Michael Jackson. I don't know if I would go that far, but I was pretty impressed with the hook he wrote for the first challenge and the song it turned into. I'd actually like to download it, which Bravo conveniently (and smartly) allows viewers to do here.

If you want to tune in and missed any episodes, you can catch up on BravoTV.com - or just turn on Bravo at any time of day. The cable network re-runs every episode of every show almost on a loop.


-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl


P.S.: If you're a fan of "Modern Family," tune in to "Inside the Actors Studio" at 8 p.m. Wednesday on Bravo. The adult members of the cast paid James Lipton a visit.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home