Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Garfield Minus Garfield

I've always been a fan of newspaper comics.


When I was a kid, I'd always make sure to find the daily paper (I grew up reading The News-Herald) to read the funnies. And my grandmother would save her papers for me so that I could read those when I visited. My dad and I would even read them to each other as I got older, which turned into a fun game on its own.


Now, the Internet has gifted me with a new way to enjoy a childhood favorite. As a kid, I read Garfield. As a twenty-something, I read Garfield Minus Garfield.


As taken from the website:
Garfield Minus Garfield is a site dedicated to removing Garfield from the Garfield comic strips in order to reveal the existential angst of a certain young Mr. Jon Arbuckle. It is a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness and depression in a quiet American suburb.
It's exactly as it sounds. The person behind the site removes Garfield from the comics. Basically, it's Jon Arbuckle looking crazy. And it's oh-so hilarious.


Some examples:




















I could post several more, but I think you should just go to the site and check them out there. If you didn't think Jon Arbuckle was pathetic before, you sure will now.

--Danielle Capriato
DCapriato@News-Herald.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home