Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Monday, April 4, 2011

A "Hop" and a skip to the movies

Sunday marked a fun day for my family as my wife and I took our 2-year-old son, Samson, to his first visit to the movie theater.

We saw the Easter bunny movie, "Hop." Here's a breakdown of our day.

Noon: I ask Sam if he's excited. "Go to movie, daddy," he said.

12:30 (as my wife drags to get ready): "Daddddy, go to movieee!!!"

1:05: We're settled in our seats. Sam: "Want popcorn."

1:10: Sam has his popcorn, and he's munching away.

1:20: Sam takes his shoes and socks off and lounges back in his seat. The king is in full relax mode.

130: Sam: "Go home, go play."

1:40: Sam begins throwing popcorn at mom, who is not pleased. I think Sam woke her up.

2:05: Popcorn is flying everywhere, except in Sam's mouth.

2:11: Sam throws his sippy cup into the row in front of us. Daddy's cell phone becomes a flash light while searching for said cup.

2:15: Sam begins swimming in popcorn on the ground. My wife and I look at each. "Bath tonight."

2:25: Sam begins talking really loud.

2:35: The film's climatic scene has the audience riveted (well, maybe some of the children in theater). Sam really doesn't seem all that thrilled.

2:40: The movie's over and I ask Sam if he liked it. "Like bunnies. Like chickens."

By the way, "Hop" is awful, but your kids will love it.

- Mark Podolski

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home