Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Carey Mulligan is Gatsby's Daisy

Associated Press
I blogged last month about Baz Luhrmann's upcoming film adaptation of "The Great Gatsby". Now Deadline is announcing that Luhrmann has found his Daisy: Carey Mulligan.

I haven't seen her in action, but the star of "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" and "An Education" really looks the part. She is simple but glamorous, sophisticated but innocent. She's blond and beautiful, and exactly as I would picture Daisy Buchanan.

She's gotten great critical review and should fit in well beside Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby. I'm really beginning to look forward to this adaptation of one of my favorite books.


-- Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Not terribly original, since she reminds me of the young Mia Farrow. However, I do like her, and think Baz will do a great job.

November 17, 2010 at 5:36 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home