Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

My last-minute "Lost" thoughts

I never actually compiled my thoughts about the series end, and I'm still baffled as to what I think will happen and what I want to see happen. Executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse said it best in an interview running in Sunday's News-Herald:

“But for the ‘Lost’ finale, people don’t really know going into it WHAT would satisfy them,” Lindelof declared. “If you say to somebody, ‘What thing would need to happen in the story for you to feel satisfied?’, they’d say something like, ‘Well, I want all my questions to be answered.’ But they can’t tell you what they want to happen to the characters.”
“They don’t even know what the questions are they would want to have answered,” Cuse added.

If you didn't catch Mark Podolski's three LOST Big Board predictions that he uploaded earlier this week, you should watch this:


As for my own predictions ... I'm not sure. It's hard to say what exactly will happen to each character. Jack is obviously seeking redemption for all the lives lost on his watch. We just saw Sawyer realize he might be the reason for the several deaths a few episodes ago, so chances are, he is going to fight Jack for who gets to be the hero to save the world because they couldn't save their friends. Kate is going to have to choose between them -- bring back the love triangle, if you hadn't felt the tension with that already. I think our castaways will defeat the Smoke Monster, and they'll have to sink the Island to do it. I'm sure the L.A. timeline will intersect with the Island timeline, but I have no idea how it's going to happen. You'd better believe that Desmond is going to play a key role in it, though.

I caught some of Saturday night's airing of the enhanced pilot episode, and realized that when the show is all over (and I dig up some free time), I'm going to need to sit down and rewatch the entire series -- maybe several times.

Podolski, Mark Meszoros and I will be back Monday with our weekly audiocast to talk about the show's ending. We usually talk for a half hour, but I'm sure we'll need much more time to dissect the 2 1/2-hour ending.

--Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home