Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Why I still love Hanson

When I was 12, I was obsessed in love with the band Hanson -- catch melodies, long blond hair and all. I listened to their 1997 album "Middle of Nowhere" on repeat endlessly.

I'd like to pretend that I still don't think they're great, but that would be a lie. Their Christmas album is still part of my holiday music rotation. I went to their concert at Cleveland's House of Blues in September 2007, and I'm totally considering their return there this summer (details and other concerts on John Benson's summer concert preview).

So maybe it should come as no surprise that I was immediately smitten with the group's new single and video when I first saw it a few weeks ago. I watched it a few times in a row, then played it on repeat while I was writing a paper for grad school.

Things to love about this video:
  1. Catchy music
  2. Choreographed group dance
  3. Cute children dancing
  4. WEIRD AL YANKOVIC PLAYING THE TAMBOURINE
There's also some sort of reference to Blues Brothers that I don't get because I've never seen the movie, but I'm told it has something to do with shaking one's tail feather.

I don't love this music video just because I want to marry the Hanson brothers. Several other non-Hanson fans have enjoyed it, so I think you should watch it too:


Thinking 'Bout Somethin'

HANSON | MySpace Music Videos



-- Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home