Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I have a new favorite book title

This greeted me in my mailbox at work today.

The folks at Andrews McMeel Publishing are good about sending me the newest compilations of reviews by veteran movie critic Roger Ebert.

Usually, these are just a bunch of reviews from a certain time frame. This book -- "A Horrible Experience of Unbearable Length: More Movies That Suck" -- has a pretty obvious slant to it. More specifically, these are reviews of movies Ebert gave ratings of two stars or less since 2006.

Bad movies? Doesn't appeal to you? Hey, you know what's better to read (and write) than a good review? A bad one. A scathing, man-I-detested-every-second-of-this-piece-of-garbage thrashing of a flick. And Ebert, with his many, many years in the biz, knows how to do that.

The book, with a list price of $16.99, is set to be released March 2.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to read Ebert's take on "The Human Centipede." Ooooh, this should be bad.

-- Mark Meszoros | Entertainment@News-Herald.com | @nhfeatures

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home