Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Entertainment Weekly Round-up

I don't really have much to say here this week other than I already started four entertainment blogs that will appear next week.

One will be a review of the new Bayside album, Killing Time. Another will focus on the essential albums of the 1990s and then two will be on movies. The top 10 movies of 2010 (I realize it's almost March, but I was saving it for around Oscars time) and then another Oscar preview blog.

I now realize the anticipation for those blogs will decrease the amount of sleep you get this weekend and they certainly won't live up to the low expectations you have set for them.

Not much music news for me here either other than the fact Panic! at the Disco's Vices and Virtues album got a bump in its release date. Instead of the original March 29 release, it'll now be released on March 22 due to "popular demand."

Oh, and Britney Spears released a new video for "Hold It Against Me." I didn't care about Spears in 1999 and I don't care about her today. MTV, the alleged music station, has been promoting the video for weeks now. How ironic.

Also, News-Herald Entertainment Editor Mark Meszoros and I will be doing a podcast about the Oscars sometime next week. If we get half the listeners for that as we do for this blog (4) then we'll consider it a success. Meszoros' power here at the paper has already gone to his head as he told me to only speak when spoken to during the podcast and to consistently say things like "yes sir," "good point" and "I'm sorry, you're right. I should have thought about that."

P.S. Go buy the new Bright Eyes, The People's Key, album. Support music.

K. Bye.

By Nick Carrabine
NCarrabine@News-Herald.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home