Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Most anticipated ‘best of’ lists:

"Tuned Into Pop Culture" guest contributor Nick Carrabine is a News-Herald staff writer.

As we enter the final month of the decade, I’ll shortly post a list of best albums and best movies of this past decade and I’m willing to bet no one will agree with me and I’m also willing to bet I could care less.

I already know what the best movie of the decade is and it came out in 2000 but you’ll have to stick around to see which one it is. (*hint* The main actor’s name in the movie rhymes with Shy Fierce.)

I have still not decided how many movies or albums will be on the list but I figure the albums list will be longer as there were so many phenomenal albums to come out in the past 10 years.

I’ll also post a list near the end of December of the best albums of 2009 as a few possible contenders have yet to be released as they make a push to up their sales more towards the holiday season.

Normally, I’d also post a list of the best movies of 2009, but those lists aren’t worthy until Oscar season, which won’t be until end of January early February. Not to mention, I haven’t made it out to the theater as much as I’d like this year. So for now I’ll leave you with the three best movies I’ve seen this year out of not too many:

3. The Hangover
2. Inglorious Basterds
1. 500 Days of Summer.

A wonderful and thought provoking list, I know. But I have my homework ahead of me and must plow through hundreds and hundreds of movies and films to see which are worthy of making the list.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home