Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

'Man of Steel' trailer gives glimpse of new Superman movie

There are two movies I remember my family borrowing from the tiny library collection of VHS tapes over and over again as a young child:
 "Superman II" was the one where the Man of Steel took on General Zod, a Kryptonian criminal, and his two cronies to save the world again. He'll face General Zod again next year when Superman returns to the big screen in "Man of Steel."

Because I haven't gotten around to seeing "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" yet (Seriously, what's wrong with me? It's a live-action adaptation of my favorite book.), I will have to content myself and my nerd-tastic tendencies by watching this trailer for the new Superman movie over and over again.


It seems epic, right? With a story co-written by Christopher Nolan (of The Dark Knight trilogy fame), it sure seems likely to be more enjoyable than the snoozefest of 2006's "Superman Returns."

And in case you missed it: An excellent teaser poster for the film that featured Superman in handcuffs accompanied by soldiers came out a few weeks ago.  

— Nicole Franz | NiFranz@News-Herald.com | @FranzOrFoe

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home