'Think Like a Man' tops box office again
What's that? You haven't listened to our "Avengers" preview podcast yet? Or our podcast previewing summer movies? Or read Entertainment Editor Mark Meszoros' top 20 movies for the summer? Follow those links and check out all that stuff before seeing how the weekend's box office stacked up.
From The Associated Press:
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com. Where available, latest international numbers are also included. Final domestic figures will be released Monday.
1. “Think Like a Man,” $18 million. (Review by The AP's Christy Lemire)
2. “The Pirates! Band of Misfits,” $11.4 million ($5.5 million international). (Review by The AP's John Defore)
3. “The Lucky One,” $11.3 million ($4.8 million international). (Review by Lemire)
4. “The Hunger Games,” $11.25 million ($7.4 million international). (Review by The News-Herald's Mark Meszoros; "Hunger Games" overflows with ingredients that should mix together to form a giant hit at box office by The AP's David Germain)
5. “The Five-Year Engagement,” $11.2 million. (Review by Lemire)
6. “Safe,” $7.7 million ($2.4 million international). (Review by Germain)
7. “The Raven,” $7.3 million. (Review by Germain)
8. “Chimpanzee,” $5.5 million. (Review by Meszoros)
9. “The Three Stooges,” $5.4 million. (Review by Lemire)
10. “The Cabin in the Woods,” $4.5 million ($1.5 million international). (Review by Lemire)
-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl