Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Taking the 'Rocky Mounty Way'

I wouldn't exactly say it was on my concert bucket list, but getting to check out Joe Walsh Wednesday night at PlayhouseSquare's State Theater was undeniably cool.

Here was one of Cleveland's own -- a member of the Eagles -- playing before an incredibly enthusiastic crowd full of decades-long fans. Walsh ripped through a fan-friendly set that included "Rocky Mountain Way," the James Gang tune "Walk Away," fellow Cleveland rocker Michael Stanley's "Rosewood Bitters" the Eagles' "Life in the Fast Lane" and the tune I knew I'd enjoy the most, "In the City."

Here's the beginning of "In the City." (I didn't notice any signs at the venue strictly prohibiting recording ... but I didn't look for them either. Hey, this kinda thing is all over YouTube, right?)



In case I've left you hanging, but concert bucket list includes The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac and, to some degree, Walsh's Eagles.

Hmmm, that's a pretty short list. I feel pretty good about the progress I'm making. 

-- Mark Meszoros | Entertainment@News-Herald.com | @nhfeatures

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home