Blogs > Tuned in to Pop Culture

They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Nick's weekly entertainment round-up

 Normally the only time I write blogs in this section is when an album is released but from now on, I'm going to try and include a weekly round-up of music or movies or some sort of entertainment. This week's entertainment round-up will focus on what is new in music over the past seven days.

1.) Lupe Fiasco, whose long awaited LASERS album will finally be released on March 8, released the album’s second single, the controversial, “Words I Never Said,” which is a verbal attack on everything from the government to corporate America. The single, which can be heard here premiered Tuesday at midnight (caution: song contains a few swear words and some rather strong opinions). After hearing the first two singles, I really think Lupe is putting together another near classic album.

2.) On Monday, the entire new Bright Eyes album, The People’s Key, was leaked onto the internet and can be streamed live here. I clicked on a few songs and have enjoyed what I heard so far, but I don’t want to listen anymore because I don’t like ruining the element of surprise before I (gulp) purchase and listen to an album. I realize that is now considered old-fashioned.

3.) Spin.com had two very good exclusives this week. The first feature was on the new Panic! at the Disco album, Vices and Virtues, along with an interview with lead singer, Brendon Urie and a second feature  on Thursday’s new album, which I inexplicably left off my most anticipated album blog a few weeks ago. Thursday’s lead singer Geoff Rickly said the new album’s focus was “to make something really beautiful, that has power in a different way than just being heavy,” and he is pretty frank with fans telling them that the new record won’t be for everybody.

4.) Only Three more weeks until the new Bayside, Killing Time, record hits the stores. It my second most anticipated release of 2011. Click here to hear two new songs, "Sick, Sick, Sick" and "Already Gone." (hit the play arrow in the top right corner of the website.)

By Nick Carrabine
NCarrabine@News-Herald.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home