They’re not standing around the watercooler, but Cheryl Sadler, Mark Meszoros, Mark Podolski and Nicole Franz are talking about what they’ve been watching, listening to and playing during their free time.
Friday, March 8, 2013
Sunday, March 3, 2013
'Jack' slays the weekend box office
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com. Where available, latest international numbers are included. Final domestic figures will be released Monday:
1. "Jack the Giant Slayer," $28 million. ($13.7 million international.) (Review by The News-Herald's Mark Meszoros: 'Jack the Giant Slayer' takes us up the beanstalk for a rather boring 3-D adventure)
2. "Identity Thief," $9.7 million. (Review by The Washington Post's Ann Hornaday: 'Identity Thief' squanders comic pairing of McCarthy, Bateman)
3. "21 & Over," $9 million. (Review by The AP's Christy Lemire: '21 & Over' fairly fun all-night rager with ‘Hangover’ roots)
4. "The Last Exorcism Part II," $8 million.
5. "Snitch," $7.7 million. (Review by The AP's Todd McCarthy: 'Snitch' a well-made yarn about drug world)
6. "Escape From Planet Earth," $6.7 million.
7. "Safe Haven," $6.3 million. (Review by The AP's Stephen Farber: 'Safe Haven' is routine romantic thriller)
8. "Silver Linings Playbook," $5.9 million. (Review by Lemire: Charming 'Silver Linings Playbook' has great performances from Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence)
9. "A Good Day to Die Hard," $4.5 million. ($18.3 million international.) (Review by Meszoros: Willis, Courtney team for ‘A Good Day to Die Hard,’ but it lands softly)
10. "Dark Skies," $3.6 million.
-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl